Wednesday 17 March 2010

Contents Page Progress

When first doing my contents page I wanted to have a funky looking background, my initial idea was to have pink leopard print which runs along with the 'glam-rock' theme of the magazine itself/main feature/front cover. Although after trying out what this will look like, I changed my mind:


I thought this looked quite immature and doesn't really suit the target audience of Trash (males AND females).
I still liked the idea of having a kind of border around the white page for the contents page so I tried out colours that relate to the front page theme:



Although, I still thought these didn't look right and was not the look i was really looking for. So I began to create my contents page on a plain white background, here is what it looked like when I first started it:


I like the prospects of this style and I think I will stick with it for my final idea, though i still need to finish it up and change fonts etc. My main picture on the front cover is conventionally in relation to the main feature and I would like to collect live pictures from gigs I am going to which are coming up. The current layout is very simple, but i like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment