Sunday 28 March 2010

Double Page Spread Progress

I am currently putting my contents page and front page progress aside for the moment as I am now focusing on my double page spread. I decided to take a photo from the shoot of which the front cover picture came from and turn it black and white. Editing it on photoshop and turning it to black and white will make the theme continue from the front cover, a common code and convention of a music magazine.
Tpyically, the photo is seen on one full side of the double page spread and the text is on the other half. I thought I would use this generic convention for my article.
I have used a gradient edit on the photo using photoshop, this makes a nice soft link/line between the two pages.
The big tilted font is a common convention of a rock music magazine as the font itself is very loud and in your face, representing the music.
When writing out the actual article and putting in bold quotes, i will do them in a purple colour because this follows on from the theme of the front cover. ( the text in the upper right hand corner will be changed to a purple colour also as, after looking at it properly, it does not stand out enough)

No comments:

Post a Comment